Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Arizona or Bust

Hey everyone - Joanne here, I haven't been on in awhile--super busy. Anyway, Jimmy and I are leaving this Sunday - 9/14 for Sedona, AZ. I have a timeshare out there and after 7 years, (the last time I went out there, 9/11/01 happened, I was scheduled for 9/14 and that was the first day the planes went back in the air and you bet, I got on that plane, safest I ever felt flying), I'm finally getting to get out of dodge here. Jimmy has never been out west and is looking forward to it. We're taking the Grand Canyon Railroad from Williams (outside of Flagstaff) to the Grand Canyon on Tuesday. Wednesday is my "29 again" birthday and Jimmy and I are going to be renewing our vows at Cathedral Rock in Sedona, which was always a dream of mine to get married there.

Other plans are to go to the Petrified Forest and Painted Desert, Red Rock Jeep Tours in Sedona, go to Jerome (outside of Sedona, which is an abandoned mining town that has since been redone and turned into art galleries and shops, etc., also the people that live there don't know it's the millenium, they're still hippies and they think it's still the 70's there), and Meteor Crater. Then the other few days will be resort relaxation. If you'd like to see what my resort looks like go to sedonapines.com and click on "cottages" and click on "living room"...etc. and see what each room looks like. It's a beautiful resort. I'll be in touch when we get back on Monday 9/22. Take care - if anyone knows of anything else close by there for us to check out, let me know by this Saturday. Joanne Braman-Palmer

1 comment:

Irene said...

joanne and jim , have a good vacation . you both deserve it / love aunt irene