Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Edward is gone 16 years now


Tom here. Gerard and my dad, Edward, died on the same date six years apart (1/21). So, my dad has been gone 16 years this past Monday. Here are Jeanne and Ed outside their apartment in Raleigh, NC, around 1988 or 89.

We moved up from Austin, Texas to be closer to them after they moved from FL to Raleigh. It allowed them to enjoy their grands during their last years. They sure enjoyed our weekend visits when we would drive over from Charlotte (about 130 mi. each way).

2 comments:

joanne braman said...

Tom - I talked to Suzy that same night and asked her if it was also your father's anniversary - after I posted the "Thanks". Sorry I didn't list your dad, but I'm glad you did. I visit your mom and dad's grave a lot - they're not that far from my dad (and now mom), that feels weird now that I'm going to be there seeing mom too. Her names been on the stone for years - I always ignored it - it's going to be weird now looking at it - I'm sure I'll get used to it - I did with my dad's after awhile. Joanne

Tom Daoust said...

This is a request to anyone who might be able to help. Living in NC we don't get to the cemetery where all the Daoust folks are buried. I've been putting all the family information into a family tree database for years, and would like to begin adding GPS coordinates for the family gravesites. It could be valuable information for someone hundreds of years from now, wanting to find a family gravesite.

Does anyone have a GPS? Could someone visit the cemetery and record the coordinates? If you have a GPS, you know what I am talking about. It can tell you the exact coordinates where you are standing with it, and someone using that information could be guided by their GPS to that exact spot.

I share my information with a distant Daoust relative in Canada who has compiled a giant book about the Daoust family. We share a grandpa about 8 or 9 generations back. His name is Bob D'Aoust.

Just wondering.