Monday, January 21, 2008

Thank you everyone - from Annette's family

Joanne Braman-Palmer here, I just can't thank the family enough for the strength and encouragement during my mother's time in the hospital, many of you stepped up and helped my sisters and my brother and his wife Tammy, above and beyond expectations, especially during some of the moments when we, ourselves, couldn't handle much more. If some of you don't know, by the time Thursday, 1/10, hit - we were all pretty much at wits end. My stepdaughter, Bria, was being taken to Albany Med for, what the family thought at first, was appendicitis. She was in the emergency room on the 1st floor, mom had been moved to the post-surgical unit on the second floor and my husband and I were ready for the psych ward (I think it's on the 6th floor). I didn't know where I belonged, with my husband in the ER and his daughter, or my mother and my family - he didn't want to leave me alone and yet his daughter was scared out of her mind not knowing what was going to happen to her. It turns out she had kidney stones (at the age of 13) and they had to do emergency surgery on her which the hospital decided to do around 6 p.m. So it was up and down for Jimmy and I. Father came in and gave my mom her last rights around 6:15 p.m., Jimmy and I went down to the Recovery Room around 8 p.m. Bria (thankfully) was doing incredible and we were just heading back to be with mom when Terri called me and told me she took her last breath.

Again, I can't say thank you enough for being there before, during and after this whole ordeal. I would like to specially thank Suzy, Carolyn, Traci, Donna, Debbie & Frank and Nicole for all their hard work and thanks Tom for putting the obit up.

The good news is mom got to see DaoustNation on Christmas and was very pleased with it. We're not seeing a lot of activity on here lately. Let's keep DaoustNation alive for our parents. I know most of them are proud of this site.

P.S. Today is Uncle Gerard's 10th anniversary of his death and next Monday (the 28th) is my father's 10th anniversary.

Uncle Gerard- your in my thoughts and prayers, I hope you're all having a good time and keep watching over us - we all need it - there's a lot of us who are now orphans here and we still need guidance because, God knows, we'll never grow up - we can't - it's the Daoust in us.

Take care - Joanne Braman-Palmer

2 comments:

Gerard Jr said...

Gerard here, Thanks so much for remembering my dad. You always know we would be there for all of you, that's what we do. Your mom was a good woman. Joanne you are right we need to keep this going we owe it to the one who kept us going for so long Grandma, lets not let her down.

Wilfred said...

I agree...just because we live so far away doesn't mean we can't build a strong nation. I really enjoy when I get a email from Daoust nation. Being a part of the orphan crew, it's nice to feel connected again. I am lucky my dad (Wilfred) married someone who considers me her own. I tell Ma Pat we are orpahned together.