Thursday, November 15, 2007

Any cousins interested in antique cars ?

Paul Daoust Sr. here ...



I know some of you have old restored cars.

I think one of the twins, Ronnie or Donnie, have a restored VW Beetle and take it to car shows.

I also know that Robert Ponton has a Z28 Camaro.

How about some pictures of the cars and a few stories ? It would be nice to hear from some more of you.

I'll lead off with this picture of my 1963 Impala SS.

Purchased 12/31/97 restored for 3 1/2 years and on the road since July 2001. The car now has 33,000 miles on it and we have taken it to NY twice, Key West, the Outer Banks of NC several times and numerous other shorter trips and car shows.






1 comment:

lynnette said...

So, we USED to have the Z28 - bought it new, however, in 1990. In 2004, we traded it for a 2000 Corvette. Both these have been the cars we run on the Open Road Rally in Nebraska. As far as "antiques" go, we sold the 1956 DeSoto station wagon before we left Wisconsin two years ago. It was just to hard to move EVERYTHING... We are now left with our two everyday vehicles, the Vette and 5 motorcycles of varying sizes and vintage. Oh yeah, Bob just bought a 1950's vintage tractor, as well. That's in Western NY where we're likely to need to do snow removal... I haven't been able to get onto this blog as a postable yet. Sue set up something with my email - I probably got the email of what to next, but I use an email client that downloads the mail to the local machine at the lake in NY, so it's probably sitting there. Currently, I'm sitting in Burlington, NC waiting for grandson number 4 to arrive. Should be any day now. I lost email addresses when I left my university account in Wisconsin. Anyone wants to chat email me at lmponton@execpc.com... Thanks.