Friday, November 23, 2007

The Bramans - Thanksgiving 2007






Joanne Braman Palmer here. This would not be the winner of the largest Daoust family Thanksgiving gathering. But I think my sister Diane and my mother (Annette) and myself trumped the thanksgiving turkey tradition. Mom is not feeling good at all, she had complications of pneumonia and a lung condition going on. Anyway, Diane and I could not take her out so the nursing home dressed her up, we took her into the atrium and her request for a thanksgiving meal was to have FILET MIGNON. She's not a fan of turkey. What you see on her plate in the first picture is filet mignon, twice baked potatoes with bacon and cheese, some kind of breaded baked mushroom dish (yuck for me, I hate mushrooms), shrimp cocktails and deviled eggs. She seemed to have enjoyed it, because she ate almost everything we put on her plate. Happy Thanksgiving everyone

3 comments:

Tom Daoust said...

Thanks for sharing that. It's nice to see your mom, even if it is just in pictures. Tell her we said hi from NC.

Anonymous said...

I agree with you there on the mushrooms!!! I am glad that she was able to have what she wanted. Things have been CRAZY!!!

Just to let you know, I went to take a piece of pie & it flipped itself upside down. There may have been no talk of "Lilypads" but Holly was definately around this Thanksgiving, Allie wouldn't "shut up" hehehe... Love ya bunches!

Eddie said...

Jo,

Thanks for posting. Mom looked pretty happy considering I know she was under the weather. Tammy and I wish we could have been there.