Sunday, November 4, 2007

Back in 1969..

Back Row: Josephine, Tim, Paul Jr. and Jacqueline
Front Row: Paul Sr. and Judith October 2004

When I was first introduced to the Daousts...it seemed overwhelming - so many cousins, so many aunts and uncles, and so many many names...But the warmth and acceptance, and especially the love of Grandma Daoust, made me feel welcome at all those showers, weddings, birthday parties, and just plain 'drop in' visits. I was essentially an orphan with no family, and the Daousts became that family...My gratitude to all those aunts and uncles, some passed and many still here who loved and accepted me. My gratitude to all those cousins who are now young adults for all the joy I got watching you run around at Grandma's, and at the firehouse, and at the homes where all the dinners and get togethers were held. As you age, you realize that good memories are part of the total experience of living well. For that, I owe the Daoust nation a debt of joy....

4 comments:

Suzanne said...

Hi sis. It is so wonderful to see all the in-laws become such a part of this family. That's what Grandma taught all of us in the way she treated us all as family. Can't wait to welcome Ashley- Brian's fiance (Edward state- Thomas county- North Carolina) in a few weeks. See you there Judy.

Sister Suzanne

Tom Daoust said...

When and where was the photo taken? It looks recent.

Josee said...

It was taken at my house in Durham in 2004.

joanne braman said...

who's who in the picture? I know Paul and Judy, but I'm not sure of the rest. I know the names, but which one is which?